For your pursuing pleasure: Enjoy a sampling of curriculum I have developed and taught in association with various media arts organizations and academic settings. You can find samples in the drop down sections on this site, and more info below.
Note: All curriculum is ©Kirthi Nath. You may adopt curriculum WITH PERMISSION ONLY and for non-commercial use only. Please email me with notes on how you wish to use the lessons. Thanks.
If you want to hire me to develop curriculum, teach or consult, get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
More details: I develop curriculum and teach various media courses ranging from video production, post production, history, distribution, curation and exhibition to adults and youth in formal university settings, media arts organization education settings and one on one instruction.
Genres and topic specialties: Documentary, Experimental, International, Shorts, New Media, Narrative, Hybrid Filmmaking, Women, People of Color, Queer, Youth Media, Curation, Exhibition, Programming, Curation, Exhibition, Distribution, Production, Post- Production, Hands On Learning.
Some Places I have taught/developed curriculum for include:
- San Francisco State University (Film Festival Curation and Exhibition Instructor and Event Producer 2010, 2011: SFSU Film Finals)
- San Francisco International Asian American Film Festival Student Delegate Mentor (2011)
- San Francisco Film Society (Filmmakers in the Classroom Spring 2011)
- Embracing the Dream: Lessons from the Not In Our Town Movement (2011) ©NIOT
- Adobe Foundation (Adobe Youth Voices Teacher Trainer and International Summit Workshop Leader, 2009)
- Bay Area Coalition (BAVC) (Lead Youth Video Instructor, 2004-2009)
- Film Arts Foundation (Experimental Documentary Instructor, 2004)
- Third I Film Workshop (Experimental Eye on Third I Workshop Leader, 2006)
- Girls Inc. of Alameda (Youth Media Digital Storytelling Instructor, 2001-2002)
- University of California, San Diego (Teaching Assistant/ Lead Instructor, 1997-2001):
- Introduction to Media Theory and Production
- Communications Media and Methods
- Introduction to Film History
- A Hard Look at the Movies
- Documentary Film
- Film in Social Context
- Film and Fantasy
- Irish Cinema
- Introduction to Modern Art